The Del Rosarios

Mikel's Blog:

Monday, May 31, 2004

Home from Bakersfield, CA

Whew! This concludes a tiring yet productive trip up North. Last night, we had a "mini-vacation" at the Red Lion Hotel in Bakersfield. We drove straight from the Hayward church for about 4 hours. But then we got to have a night to relax. Oh man, what a nice hotel. Christine went swimming in the outdoor pool surrounded by palm trees. I got to play with Josiah and watch her swim and chill in the jacuzzi. Jojo's now holding his head up by himself! And he's beginning to make a lot of sounds and do a bit of baby-talk.

We made excellent time back. It only took a couple of hours to get home. What's amazing is that traffic was really light through LA. That almost never happens. Maybe the fact that we were on driving through LA on Memorial Day makes a difference. Who knows.

Today is our 5-year anniversary! We took some time to celebrate during the trip, but today is the actual day. We were married on Monday, May 31, 1999. My parents remembered and sent us a nice e-card. So we're basically taking the day to rest. But I feel like I need to take tommorrow off, too!

4 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary. Congrats on the Big 5 year. How exciting for you guys. It's good to hear too that you had some relax time. Good for you: Take the day off. I'm taking the day off too. I'm tired from our travels in SoCal. Anyway, talk soon....



Ryan

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger mikeldelrosario said...

Thanks again for interacting with me on these! I feel like you're really plugged-in to what our family is up to. But that's what good friends do. Yes! I praise God for 5 years of marriage to my best friend, Christine! :-)

 
At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mikel-

Now marriage has changed, huh? I mean, with a baby and all. That's what I feel for sure. Life is so different now. Good, but different.


Ryan

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger mikeldelrosario said...

Amen! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home