The Del Rosarios

Mikel's Blog:

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

What I did on My Day Off

It's a rare thing to take a real day off. Especially since it usually degenerates into working from home! Well, OK, so I made a few business calls, but I intentionally took the time to relax.

I guess it betrays my personality type to say that on my day off I was working on a project---making a DVD of our footage of Josiah! Yesterday, I learned how to make custom DVD menus in Photoshop and then import them into Encore. I even recorded a commentary track for Josiah's Birthday video presentation (the one that's available on our site). I still have to test it out and then burn the master DVD at some point.

We did get out of the house with Jojo, just to go to the bank. We're getting him more used to the car seat in preparation for our big trip on Friday. While I was out, I picked up Third Day's new CD, "Wire." It's pretty good. My favorite song on the album is probably "Rockstar."

Christine and I also saw "The Last Samurai" on DVD, which was nice.

So now it's back to work. Please take a moment and ask God to grant us grace and strength to make it through the hectic weeks ahead.

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Last Samurai rocked!!! Jen & I saw it on opening day back in December after my parents scored some tickets. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys (or maybe just you, Mikel). Your day off sounds like a good time. Technology and learning. I can dig it.

Ryan

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger mikeldelrosario said...

Yeah, it was a good movie. Makes me want to progress further in my interest in Tai Chi to learn the sword forms. Maybe one day in the Philippines. And learning about DVD creation is really fun---especially when you have something great to film like a new baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home