The Del Rosarios

Mikel's Blog:

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Long Time No Blog

Wow. It has been a seriously long time since I updated my blog!!! At least I know I'm not a slave to the blog, but it's kind of pointless to have one if you never write. So here we go...

Christine and I are in the Philippines now. After my ordination and our comissioning service, we headed to Colorado and then to Sacramento and then to Hawaii before arriving on the mission field. It's been killer living in transition for months. So you can imagine how good it felt to hang clothes up and put some keys on my key ring over here. Yes! We have reached our destination and are settling in.

Now we're living in Pasig City and adjusting to life here. God has been so good to finally bring us to this point. Of course, the obstacles to ministry have not stopped popping up since we left California in May. In fact, they've increased. But God is teaching me patience. Actually, he's been doing that for the past three years.

The partner section I last blogged about is still under construction. The whole HTML-encryption thing is still giving me trouble. But I think I've come across a solution that might allow me to get this baby online in a week or so.

A few nights ago, we celebrated my dad's 55th birthday! It was awesome to have the whole family back together again for the first time in many years!!! My brother, Mark, heads back to New York for school tomorrow morning.

2 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Mikel. That is great to have your family together. My twin brother recently came back to the States and it had been very long since we have been able to be together, so I can relate.

Looking forward to hearing more and more about the work you guy are doing, both the good and the hard stuff.

Talk soon...

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger mikeldelrosario said...

Hey Ryan! Thanks for the comment. My brother left for NY for another semester of college. It's just for four months, though, so it's not that bad. I talked to him on the phone yesterday. Looking forward to sharing more on this blog from the Philippines...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home